| UK

Coffee#1 partners with Uber Eats to meet rising delivery demand

The UK coffee chain follows parent company Caffè Nero in extending its delivery reach and is seeking to scale the channel over the next 12 months

In January 2023, Coffee#1 reported strong Christmas trading lifting revenues to 120% of 2019 levels | Photo credit: Coffee#1


 

Coffee#1 has partnered with Uber Eats at from 82 of its 111 UK stores following increased demand for delivery.  
 

Cardiff-based Coffee#1 said the Uber Eats partnership adds to its availability on JustEat and follows the introduction of Click & Collect across its stores in 2022. 


“While Coffee#1 remains primarily about a drink-in experience, the demand for our delicious barista made coffee in home is also clear. The rollout has gone well and we see plenty of scope to build and scale an incremental business through delivery in the next 12 months,” said Bruce Newman, Managing Director, Coffee#1. 


In January 2023, Coffee#1 reported strong Christmas trading lifting revenues to 120% of 2019 levels


Founded in 2001, Coffee#1 joined The Caffè Nero Group in January 2019 following a 67% stake acquisition. In February 2022 Caffè Nero purchased the remaining 33% stake from Welsh brewery S.A. Brain to fully acquire the brand.   


In January 2023, Caffè Nero cited new delivery partnerships as driving 17% year-on-year sales growth for the first six months of its 2023 financial year. 


The coffee chain, which operates more than 600 UK stores, added Just Eat and Deliveroo to its existing partnership with Uber Eats in 2022, with delivery generating £3.5m ($4.3m) sales during the period.  


Caffé Nero’s total sales for the six months ended 30 November 2022 reached £150m ($186m), averaging 104% of pre-pandemic levels


Related News & Insight

Registered in England. Company No. 8736608
© 2023 World Coffee Portal Ltd.