The European Coffee Symposium is the leading event for senior executives from across the vibrant European coffee shop and food-to-go sector.
Now in its eighth year, the European Coffee Symposium provides the ultimate platform to develop knowledge, build relationships and drive business performance, combining a personalised Supply & Innovation Day with the prestigious European Coffee Awards and the insightful Symposium itself.
The European Coffee Symposium is the only event dedicated to the growing pan-European coffee shop and food-to-go industry, which continues to show strong signs of growth, adding 732 outlets in 2014 to bring the estimated total to 15,626.1
The Nordic countries are among the highest consumers of coffee in Europe, drinking an average of 10.2kg per capita and having a combined total of 956 branded coffee shops. By the end of 2015, the coffee shop market in these countries is expected to reach a total of 1,023 outlets, with an estimated value of €436 million.
With this in mind, this year’s European Coffee Symposium will take place in Denmark, welcoming more than 400 of Europe's largest branded coffee chains and food service operators to The Bella Sky Hotel, Copenhagen from 23-25 November 2015.
A platform for actionable insight and inspiration
The topic for discussion at this year’s Symposium is Growth: Strategies for Accelerating Profit and the conference will be driven by leading market analysts Allegra Strategies and the findings from their annual Project Café Report.
The event will welcome some of the industry’s most influential leaders who will shed light on the latest consumer trends and ready-to-action market insight, giving delegates the opportunity to hear about proven growth strategies from some of the most successful coffee and food-to-go businesses in Europe.
Featuring first-hand advice from leading coffee shop operators, interactive sessions with roasting experts and inspirational stories from coffee entrepreneurs, the European Coffee Symposium is set to deliver relevant and actionable business information, excellent networking opportunities and lively debate.
The day’s topics will include:
- Key findings from pioneering markets across Europe and the rest of the world
- The importance of geographical diversification for businesses
- Growth markets, with a particular focus on the Nordic regions
- Managing global supply chains
- Adapting your offering for new markets and consumers
- Product innovation
- Inspiring consumer behaviour change
Jeffrey Young, Managing Director of The Allegra Group, will begin the day with his keynote speech presenting the findings of Project Café15 Europe and will be followed by other influential thought leaders in the coffee and food-to-go industry.
Symposium speaker line-up:
- Ian Cranna, Vice President Marketing & Category, Starbucks EMEA
- Kevin Hydes, International & Brand Development Director, Costa Coffee
- David Abrahamovic, CEO & Co-Founder, Grind & Co.
- Anya Marco, Director of Research and Insights, Allegra Strategies
- Merete Holst, CEO Kantiner, Meyer Group Denmark
- Ruth Coppin, Managing Director & Co-Founder, Timberyard UK
- Darren Elliott, Operations Director, Timberyard UK
- Angus Thirlwell, CEO & Co-Founder, Hotel Chocolat
- Daniel Thompson, Head of Coffee Development, Soho House & Co.
- Morten Munchow, External Lecturer, University of Copenhagen
- Anders Wall, Chief Commercial Officer, Baresso Coffee
Afternoon workshop series: Behind the Bar
In the afternoon there will be a workshop series, delivering three relevant, focused sessions that aim to teach actionable business lessons. The series, entitled ‘Behind the Bar’, will offer delegates Q&A sessions with a selection of speciality Scandinavian roasters.
- Andreas Hertzberg, Managing Director, Solberg & Hansen
- Mikkel Selmer, Roaster, La Cabra
- Esben Piper, Owner, La Cabra
- Anne Lunell, Co-Founder, Koppi Coffee Roasters
- Klaus Thomsen, Owner, The Coffee Collective
- Joanna Alm, CEO & Co-Founder, Drop Coffee
Delegates will be able to choose which workshop they attend and the smaller groups will allow for open discussion and advanced learning.
The European Coffee Symposium is proudly sponsored by UCC Coffee, Dart Products Europe, BRITA Professional, Teisseire, Teahouse Exclusives, One & Only, John + John and Easyfood.
Tickets are still available for the European Coffee Awards and the European Coffee Symposium (conference). For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7841 9064.