| Indonesia

SSP Group continues Asia Pacific expansion with Indonesia joint venture

The partnership with Indonesian food and beverage operator PT Taurus Gemilang will see SSP Group operate 13 outlets across Bali’s I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport and Juanda International Airport in Surabaya 

A Revolver store in Bali, Indonesia | Photo credit: PT Taurus Gemilang


SSP Group has announced its planned entry into Indonesia via a new joint venture with Jakarta-based food and beverage operator PT Taurus Gemilang (TG Group). 

Founded in 1989, TG Group began managing F&B outlets in 2014 after winning a tender at I Gusti Ngurah Rai Airport in Bali. The business currently operates across airports in Jakarta, Surabaya, Bali, Palembang, Pekanbaru and Balikpapan. 

The joint venture will see SSP Group operate 13 outlets, 12 of which are located at I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali, alongside a single site at Juanda International Airport in Surabaya.

SSP Group is expected assume operations of TG’s current units at Bali and Surabaya in the third quarter. 

The sites will be a mixture of TG Group’s own brands and local franchised businesses, including coffee chain Revolver – founded in 2012 and considered one of Bali’s first specialty coffee businesses. 

SSP Group will own 60% of the new company, with TG Group owning the remaining 40%.    

The joint venture marks the latest step in SSP Group’s expansion across Asia Pacific, which saw the travel concession operator acquire Australia’s Airport Retail Enterprises Pty Ltd in February 2024 and sign an eight-year deal to run five outlets at Christchurch International Airport a month later – a move which marked its first foray into New Zealand

SSP Group also operates sites in Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. 

“The Asia Pacific region is strategically important for us and a key geography in our plans for growth. This new deal will provide us with an excellent foundation to develop our operations in Indonesia and will put us in a highly competitive position to secure future new business. The local knowledge of the TG team coupled with our international experience will make us a significant force in this fast-growing market,” said Patrick Coveney, CEO, SSP Group. 

Indonesia is forecast to have the fourth-largest aviation market globally by 2039, according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA). 

Related News & Insight

Registered in England. Company No. 8736608
© 2024 World Coffee Portal Ltd.