| Philippines

Jollibee to bring two Singapore-based café chains to the Philippines

The fast-food group has formed a new joint venture company with Food Collective Pte. Ltd. to launch Singaporean café brands Common Man Coffee Roasters and Tiong Bahru Bakery in the Philippines

Common Man Coffee Roasters' Sentosa outlet in Singapore | Photo credit: Common Man Coffee Roasters


Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC) has formed a joint venture company with Singapore-based Food Collective Pte. Ltd. (FCPL) to launch Common Man Coffee Roasters and Tiong Bahru Bakery in the Philippines. 

The joint venture company will franchise the café chains in the country, with JFC owning 60% of the business and FCPL the remaining 40%. 

JFC will also take the lead in the management and operations of the joint venture, with both companies committing up to P250m ($4.5m) in the partnership.

Founded in 2013, café concept and coffee roaster Common Man Coffee Roasters currently operates five outlets in Singapore alongside a single site in Malaysia. 

JFC expects to open at least one Common Man Coffee Roasters in the Philippines this year. However, the joint venture remains subject to regulatory approval. 

Tiong Bahru Bakery currently operates 16 cafés across Singapore. 

“We are excited to enter this joint venture with FCPL to own and operate the Tiong Bahru Bakery and Common Man Coffee Roasters in the Philippines. These brands will be a strong addition to JFC’s foreign franchised brands and will allow JFC to capture an even greater opportunity and strengthen JFC’s position for further growth in the Philippine market," said Ernesto Tanmantiong, CEO, JFC. 

Based in Singapore, FCPL is a majority-owned subsidiary of Titan Lifestyle Holdings Pte. Ltd., a division of Titan Dining LP, in which JFC has a 90% participating interest. Common Man Coffee Roasters and Tiong Bahru Bakery are its primary brands. 

JFC operates more than 6,500 outlets globally across its 16-strong food and beverage portfolio, which includes its eponymous fast-food restaurant chain Jollibee and coffee chains Highlands Coffee and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Related News & Insight

Registered in England. Company No. 8736608
© 2024 World Coffee Portal Ltd.